Enter the Brighton Chile Fest Recipe Contest and see how your recipe stacks up against others! Winners receive some great prizes and major bragging rights for a year! All contestants receive a $5 coupon (per entry) towards a bushel of chiles at Lulu’s! Enter as many recipes as you wish, each entry requires a $15 entry fee.
Prizes Awarded for:
- Best Savory Green Chili
- Best Savory Red Chili
- Best Salsa
- Best Appetizer
- People’s Choice
To enter and qualify for judging, download and complete the recipe submission form and mail with your $15 registration (per entry) to:
Attn: Brighton Chile Fest Recipe Contest
13201 E. 144th Ave.
Brighton, CO 80601
Entry deadline is August 31, 2017. Late submissions will not be accepted. Please submit a separate entry form for each entry. Download entry form.
Brighton Chile Fest Recipe Contest Details:
- Recipes MUST contain some kind of chile as a primary ingredient and will need to fit into one of four judging categories: Savory Green Chili, Savory Red Chili, Salsa, or Appetizer
- You will be notified via email when your recipe is received
- On September 9th, arrive with your prepared entry by 11:15 AM (recipe check-in begins promptly at 11:20). Recommended quantity is 10-12 full servings.
- Official judging begins at 11:45 AM
- People’s Choice judging 12:15-12:45 PM
- Winners of both the official and people’s choice judging will be announced at 2:00 PM (approximately)
- Plenty of power and outlets are available for powering crock pots/warmers (Please remember to add your name and phone number to the bottom of your container)
- Sample cups/plates for the judging are provided by the festival